Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Clara White Mission assists those in need during Christmas


Clara White Mission, Radio Station V101.5/93.3, The McGowan Chiropractors, Councilman Reggie Brown, Jacksonville Brotherhood of Firefighters, along with over 200 local Greek Sororities and Fraternities, will host the “21st annual December to Remember Christmas Party”, dedicated to lifting the spirits of 5 deserving families.  This year over 60 applications were submitted to the Clara White Mission for consideration, by local schools and community organizations.


Recently, five deserving families were selected for the 21st December to Remember and their heart felt compelling stories are being read and shared with V101.5/93.3 radio listeners for two weeks.  The caring people listed above will celebrate the five families with a special luncheon prepared by Ashley Street Catering.  Each family will be provided with their Christmas “Wish List” items, their own personal Santa Claus, a limo ride to the event courtesy of Susie’s Limo, entertainment by recording artists, Alja’ Kamillion, and an afternoon filled with holiday cheer.  In addition, there will be a surprise gift presented to each family by McGowan Chiropractors.


One of the Stories from last year: “I was missed diagnosed and found out, on last December that I had stage 4 cancer.  For the past 11 months, my life and financial situation has been unstable.  After chemo, I am weak and in pain most of the time.  My 5-year-old doesn’t understand what has happen to me. All she knows is that we can’t play like we use to.  My health has caused many medical bills that I can never afford.  It’s Christmas and there’s no money to live on - I’m broke.   It saddens me a lot that I can’t buy household supplies when I need them.  I have to decide, if I’m going to pay the electric bill or do the laundry.  Life is not supposed to be this difficult.  I will be glad to see another Christmas to be with my daughter, I just wish I can purchase the things to make her happy this holiday season.”

21st December to Remember
DATE: Sunday, December 18, 2016
TIME: 1 – 3 p.m.

LOCATION: The Legend Community Center
      5130 Soutel Drive
       Jacksonville, FL  32208

     Clara White Mission
       Ju’Coby Pittman/CEO
      (904) 354-4162 (for more information)

No comments: