Thursday, October 8, 2020

Part II - Health care during a COVID-19 pandemic

Have I got a praise report for y’all.  If you don’t know what I’ve been experiencing, please read my first Blog on my health.  On Oct. 5, 2020 I went to the Nephrology (kidney) Doctor.  When the doctor entered the room, she asked me how I felt.  Well, I told her that I originally went to the doctor’s office with symptoms of a UTI, and now other things are exposing themselves; no offense to her, but I didn’t want to come to her office.  I appreciate her profession, yet I needed one less specialist.

Well, she had my bloodwork in her hand and God had gotten my lab results down to normal.  I’ll just be checking back in 6 months before being completely dismissed. I gave God the glory right there in the office.  He is so faithful!  May I say that I was apprehensive about having a Physician Assistant tend to my needs due to the fact that it was a PA who prescribed the antibiotic that weakened my kidneys in the first place, but you shouldn’t assume that all PA’s are negligent.

Before getting that great news, I did go to do some errands and walked more than I have in weeks.  Still feeling a little weak, nonetheless, I’m not dizzy any more.  When you’ve changed your eating habits and diet, it’s difficult (but not impossible) to redirect your body to gain weight.  Since my hospitalization on September 10th, I’ve managed to gain 5 pounds.  Also, the Hepatitis C is still cured and not a threat.

On Tuesday (10/6/2020) Van & I went to the outpatient part of a local hospital to get a Bone Marrow Biopsy.  The test wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated it to be and I only needed a couple of Tylenols (can’t take anything with aspirin) for leg pain from my hip area after the anesthesia wore off.  The specialist wanted to see why my blood has some clots and why some other blood levels are off.  I’ll continue on the blood thinners, that the Oncologist prescribed, for another 2 months.  And guess what, the Bone Marrow Biopsy was done by a Physician Assistant.  I was praying hard and heavy before I had that mild sedative.  I was awake for most of the test - I think (lol).  It only took about 10 minutes to extract the marrow.

I am believing God that all things will be in order, in Jesus name.  My hopes are that my blog posts will be a blessing to someone who may be tested in their faith, may be fearful, or may disbelieve what God can and/or will do for them.  I continue to keep my faith strong as I follow directions from Holy Spirit.  Let me also thank everyone for their prayers.

OBTW, I am still very conscious of the Coronavirus, and so are the establishments where I’ve been visiting.  All places require masks, maintain social distancing (especially in chair seating) and constant hand sanitizing.  I will also get back to the gym in the near future, but I’m not rushing.

Please continue to pray for the persons affected by: Hurricane Delta, the California fires, racial injustices, those who have succumbed to COVID-19 and their families, & the upcoming election.  People must continue to be wise as they maintain their health.  Keep your mental health intact.  Stay positive as you surround yourself with positive people.  Stay active and accomplish some tasks each day.  Remember, You Are Your Future!


Alice said...

Praying for continued healing. Love you

Tonya Rice said...

This is a joy to read you're getting so much better. I'm praying for your continued healing. ❤