As you can see (check it out), the response from last weeks Blog was great. Now let’s keep the momentum going.
A skin care commercial uses a student to stand up and boast to a person getting ready to make a speech: “If you want to relax – you can picture me naked”. Are you kidding? Notable Public Speakers don’t use this tactic to move themselves into a comfort zone. If you attempt this stunt, what you’re really doing is giving the enemy an open door to your mind (Eph. 4:27).
If you have trouble speaking in front of people, try doing some of the following:
1. Look right above the heads of your audience or towards the back of the room.
2. Find some people in the crowd who smile back at you (this gives positive re-inforcement and keeps you from looking at negative people).
3. Know that the Holy Spirit has got ‘yo’ back. (If you don’t have Him in your life – ya better invite Him in).
4. Make note cards, keep eye contact with your listeners and smile (don’t grin ;)
5. Believe in yourself. You have the mind of Christ and you can do all things through Christ, which strengthens you. You’re the Bomb!!!
6. If you can, take a course in Public Speaking and further empower yourself.
I believe in you, now it’s your turn to believe in yourself. Continue to let me hear from you. See you next week, and the Lord is willing ;)