Thursday, May 28, 2020

🎶‪”We Shall Overcome Someday...black and white together someday”.🎵 “How long-not long”-MLK
It looks like we take one step forward and are driven two steps back. I looked into the eyes of a white police officer the other day (while donning my mask ðŸ˜·) and he looked the other way.  I’ve gotten use to being kind and waving to the police as a way of saying “thank you for your service”, yet now, I must be cautious for not being misunderstood.

I have white friends and wonder if they will be a little standoffish when we see or speak with each other because they can’t see my facial expression through my ðŸ˜· (and Yes, I will continue to protect you and me with my mask). It’s an uneasy situation. 

I am reminded of a story that I wrote years ago “ToTo - Where Are We? (http://ow.ly/TtMO30qKmls), things are not the same as it was before. This is a #NewAbnormal.

I haven’t been led to make a comment on this situation until today. I too have a grown Son, and I pray for his safety. I pray that he won’t be a wimp or a wuss, but that he has the wisdom & grace to stay alive if he is confronted by the law. 

Yes, we should be upset that all this racial negativity is happening during this COVID-19 pandemic, yet we need to realize that evil is still lurking on this earth and violence and looting are NOT the answer. Those who committed a crime should be punished by the full extent of the law. #DoTheRightThing #PrayForPeaceAndUnderstanding #LibertyAndJusticeForAll. #CautiousButNotCrazy, #WiseYetHarmless, #WashYourHands, 
#FactsNotFear, #PrayedUp, #StaySafe, #FaithOverFear, #FactsAndFaith,
#TBR (Trust,Believe, Receive - from God)

No comments: